Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I had to get out my scuba gear!

Yesterday was very eventful and to be honest I was definitely one of those people who didn't go outside just because I didn't want to deal with all the rain.  But I was hearing some crazy stories from my friends in the village saying that it was so flooded people were able to get their jet skis out and ride them around, just insane scenarios.  Then seeing the footage taken by the news I would believe they were able to do so, because some cars were completely underwater.  Even though we needed the rain before the real summer heat comes, I can honestly say we didn't need this much.  My reguards go out though to the people who did suffer from yesterday's rain storm and for everyone that it didn't I'm glad you are all safe and water damage free.

8 comments:

  1. I hear the Village is the worst place to live when flooding occurs but I used to live in the Village for years and I never had a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at my friends house in the Village..it wasn't too bad except her walkway through her garden was about 2 in. deep :/ Coulda been worse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell your friends to send you pictures of the jet skis in the flood if they have them, and post them. I would like to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't leave my house yesterday either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad everything came out alright at your end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Should have done it. SCUBA gear woulda made the news!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The news footage was so upsetting. I can't believe such a big flood happend here in our town. It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had never seen that much raing before in my life!!! it was crazy i swear i was gon aget out a canoo and start rowing down the street! oklahoma weather is crazy!

    ReplyDelete