Monday, June 21, 2010

Angels & Airwaves

For Fathers Day my brother and I decided to take our father to the air show held at tinker air force base.  I haven't been to the air show since I was a kid and I still found it to be astonishing watching the various planes soar through the sky, amazed at how they created all sorts of shapes and designs through out the sky most not looking capable of doing so.  


Then there was a group called the Thunderbirds who I remember very well the last time I had gone to the air show and they were as glorious to me as they were when I was ten years old.  In amazement I watched them zoom through the sky coming from different directions performing their famous stunts, such as the barrel roll but this was performed with four of the Thunderbirds formed in a diamond shape soaring side by side through the sky not one moving out of place, just all parallel to each other and leaving a trail of smoke behind them allowing you to see the effects of the performance as they spiraled across the blue sky. 


Even though the summer heat was upon us that day, and I definitely have a sunburn to prove it I will never forget it, ill always cherish getting to spend that day with my dad and having the privilege of reliving my childhood memories.

11 comments:

  1. I used to love going to air shows with my dad..havent been in forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. That is a total blessing to be able to spend Father's Day with your dad. That is super cool that you remember going with him back in the day. My dad died when I was 13. Anywho, I am bumping your Abba right now, lol. Good call on the playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live very close to Tinker, so we got to walk out into our backyard and watch the show! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, good times. :)
    Did you take that pics? Impressive action shot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to one! Sounds fun though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. since i live on base i heard these for three days straight,and it sounded like bombs were being dropped on my house every few hours, glad it was exciting for you though! im so used to seeignplanes land and take off sometimes i forget that seeing these as often as i do is not ordinary

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gotta love the male family members!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a really good time if you have never been you should go next year!!

    Carrie- I'm very sorry to hear that about your dad, but I'm glad you are enjoying my playlist I thought it was a good selection too! lol

    Andy- I got that pic online but I did take the exact same one on my phone but I was having problems up loading it

    Pricilla- I feel for you I bet you didn't get any sleep those 3 days or the days they were practicing! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great headline, and I think I like your abstract background the best in the class

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Dr. Clark I really like it too I definitely plan on keeping this background for awhile

    ReplyDelete